Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Times

So today I had to take my two older kids to the dentist. Super fun (not).

I was nervous because my oldest (he's 7) has a super sensitive gag reflex and can pretty much look at something the wrong way and gag.

The last time we took him we went to the mall together afterward. The hubby and I were high-fiving each other about how well he did only to have him completely BARF all over a store showroom 40 min later.

Not a little bit either. He barfed from inside the store all the way out. I was waiting outside while the poor hubby had my son and our middle child (still in a stroller at the time) and I knew something was wrong when I saw them running out of the store while hearing that awful SPLAT sound as his puke hit the floor...

Let's just saw we're not going back there anytime soon..sorry bout that guys!

So today I was nervous seeing how my son reacts and all and for my daughter, seeing it was her first time. The thing about her? You never really know how she's gonna react to well... anything.

That one is... Unpredictable lets say. And that is a nice way of putting it (trust me). Hubby and I call her "bag-o" as in bag o' fun? Because you never know what you're gonna get.

And whatever you may pull out of that bag, may not indeed be what you get...

Whereas my son? I can pretty much spot a mile away, anything he's gonna do, even before he does, or has even thought about doing it.

The kid is paper thin and so easy to read.

So, back to the dentist-needless to say I was nervous.

Plus, my hubby (lucky bastard!) was at work, so I had to suck it up and do it alone. The Baby (rocket man) was at home with grandparents (thank you Jesus!) or things would have been a lot more stressful, trust me..

So, my son went first. I thought I might have heard some screaming but I'm not positive. I had a "talk" with him beforehand to NOT scare his sister and put on the bravest face he had. He did-ok, considering his history and all..

He did however tell me later that he had to hold back barfing the entire time and even as the dentist spoke with me, I could see him out of the corner of my eye with "that look".

In our house that "look"= puking in the near future. I kept thinking "wrap it up lady or something reeeeally bad is gonna go down (or come up so to speak) and we can NEVER show our faces here again (hence, the incident at the store..)

And for my daughter? She did awesome! She did however keep her eye on the hygenist the entire time. Kinda like "hurt me and there WILL be a problem lady..."

She had the whole death stare going on while the sweet hygenist had her whole sing song approach going on. It was pretty hilarious from where I stood. She never once took her eyes off of her...

When we were almost done the hygenist said she was the BEST she's ever seen especially being her first time (and for being a 3 year old I guess).

Agh! The Kiss of death! Whenever anyone says that you know for sure some type of behavior will follow and it will not be good. But, luckily we got out without a scratch.

Until we have to go back in six months time...

When I'm totally making the hubby take them!

P.s. It's been over five hours now and no puking from my oldest...We're making progress people!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I can just picture the death stare from girlie!!! I'm so glad there was noooo pukey!

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are always welcome(!) Unkind ones-not so much (ya big meanies!) ;)