Monday, October 8, 2012

The end of an era

So today we cleaned out the living room/playroom, free of small chokeable items.

Yes, it's that time...

Rocket man will be crawling any day now.

I'm not ready for it- AT ALL.

I forgot how exhausting that stage is.

I'm guessing I'll be tired (well, more than the norm) for the next year, year and a half-tops, right?

But that's not the sad part.

The sad part was putting things away for my baby girl to play with in her room. Like a "BIG GIRL".

I don't know why I'm so sad.

It just feels like the end of an era. Of her being a baby... and moving on to-
LEAVING ME!!!!!!

I know, that's silly, right?

But she IS 3 1/2!

I know I was just as sad when it happened to my eldest boy, when he moved his toys into his room when she was starting to crawl.

But this time it feels so different. Did I mention she's my ONLY girl??

It makes me sad. And filled with dread.

Next will be boys, wild music, driving and staying out late. And hating me, just because I'm her mother.

Don't all teenage girls fight with their mothers??

I suppose I'm looking too far down the road a bit. (I tend to overprepare)

Makes me (almost) want another child..if only for another little girl.

I know.

Now THAT'S some crazy talkin'....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. The good teen girls don't fight with their mothers. ;) LOL. Girl, just leave it in God's hands. I know what you mean though...the pages turn faster and faster...

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are always welcome(!) Unkind ones-not so much (ya big meanies!) ;)