Thursday, October 11, 2012

Growth spurt!

Rocket man is growing so fast I can hardly believe it.

I swear he was only born a few months ago right? (At least that's what my tummy says-not a pretty sight)

(FYI...he's eight months old. But I'm pretty sure I can get away with telling people I "J-U-S-T had a baby")

Anyway, back to the growth spurt.

I can tell when he's going through one when he starts waking up to eat when he previously would sleep thru the night.

(Imagine how much this excites me)

But what is worrisome is that he has been waking up to PRACTICE crawling.

Yes.

Apparently he feels he doesn't get enough time in the day to perfect his craft, therefore- why not do it when everyone's asleep?

"And since I'm up-how bout some milk with that, ma? You're like, just lying there, not doing anything..." say his eyes through the crib bars.

Did I mention he eats like a linebacker? He is a solid, hefty boy. And I absolutely L-O-V-E chubby babies but it's getting difficult to carry this one these days..kid is like a sack of potatoes.

It is SCARY how much he can put away. He gets veeeeeeery upset when I back away with the baby food jar, but I just can't believe he can EAT that much!

What really freaked me out was the other night during a feeding (after a rigourous practice of trying to figure out the mechanics of crawling). He CHUG CHUG CHUGGED down the milk like he was in a frat house drinking from a keg.

When he was done he practically slapped my boob out of the way, like "NEXT! KEEP UM COMING!!!!!!!!" as he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

He looked me dead in the eye.

MORE.MILK.WOMAN.

Shudder.

All I know is-

I'm.scared.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Kind words are always welcome(!) Unkind ones-not so much (ya big meanies!) ;)