Wednesday, April 10, 2013

NOT happening

I can't believe it. My baby girl is 4 today!

4! That's one year away from 5-official kid-dom.

I have mixed emotions, but mostly sad. She's growing up waaaaaay too fast!
Everything is "I do it! I want to do it MYSELF!"

Last night at dinner, she didn't want to hold my hand as we walked back to the table from the bathroom. Instead, she wanted to hold her "auntie's hand".

Already I'm pushed on the side. One day we will fight and she will scream at me that she "hates me". I just know it.

Lately I've been saying "Are you getting bigger? Are you growing when you're sleeping, when I'm not looking? You're not going to leave mama, right?"

(Poor kid- the pressure I know)

To which she replies "It's 'ok' to get bigger mama", while she pats me on the shoulder to console me.

SOB!!!

And you know what? She's totally right. It IS ok to get bigger.. I just kind of wanted her to stay small for ME. Such a smart girl I tell you...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind words are always welcome(!) Unkind ones-not so much (ya big meanies!) ;)