Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Two steps forward, NINE steps back

So somehow, this year I knew I had to get my "game face" ready for the holidays and decided the only way I'd get out with my sanity was to be ahead somehow.

Smart, right?

Yes- except it was like putting my brain on freeze instead of pause.

I have learned that just because you start things early doesn't mean that time STOPS completely. Huh.

For example:

I sent in the form early for school fundraisers. (High five people!)

Then I forgot to actually PAY for the ones I said I'd buy. (oops!)

I remembered this a WEEK later when I started to get irritated why they were not passed out yet. "Hello?? Who's in charge here?! I WANT MY M-O-N-E-Y back!!" Oh wait....

Yeah. Classy, right?

Also, I took our family Christmas photo early this year. (Thank you, thank you very much)

I even bought my stamps ahead of time, so I wouldn't have to go to the pesky post office. (Had to take a minute to remember what that place was called.. you know- the one you take packages to and mail um off to people you love?

(Maybe i've got bigger things to worry about...good grief)

Then, I forgot to ORDER the nice cards I spent waaaaaaay too much time picking out, PICK them up, and LABEL them..to actually get to their recipients. (Crap)

Sigh.

There was another thing I forgot that was major.. but I can't remember that right now....

Let's hope it was resolved.

(Whatever it was..)

This year, 3 really does feel like 8. Or 15 if I'm being honest.

Let's not even mention how I almost forgot that "rocket man" needed a stocking...or gifts for that matter.

In my defense it is his FIRST Christmas this year so it was a "new" thing to remember... Awful, I know.

(Luckily he's only 10 months so had I forgotten, we could have thrown some wrapping paper his way to play with. (Best.Present.Ever!!!)

However, next year I don't think that would fly...

(Note to self: From here on out--buy for 3 instead of 2 kids. Check!)

I hope that you all are not as frazzled as I am this year.

After all..Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

(And thank goodness it's almost over....will do better next year I promise!)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. LOL. I totally get it. ;)
    I started making my cards in the summer...and haven't. mailed. a. single. one. yet.
    ooops
    but I got your back on the first ornament for rocket man...right? right?

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are always welcome(!) Unkind ones-not so much (ya big meanies!) ;)